Sunday, June 5, 2011

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

TITLE: City of Bones

AUTHOR: Cassandra Clare

REVIEWED BY: Princess LadyBug

BRIEF SUMMARY: Fifteen-year-old Clary Fray & her best friend, Simon, are hanging out at the Pandemonium Club when Clary discovers strange people that Simon can't see. After her mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a monster, she is suddenly drawn into their bizzare world of demons and the Shadowhunters who are dedicated to returning them to their own dimension.

WHY I PICKED IT UP: I'm always on the lookout for something new to read. When a friend said he'd heard good things about it, I rushed right down to the library to check it out.

WHY I FINISHED IT: I couldn't wait to see what happened next. Lots of action moves the plot along nicely as Clary learns to deal with the new world she's found herself in. Each character she meets is more interesting than the last one on her quest to find and rescue her mother.

WHO I'D GIVE IT TO: My niece or anyone who likes books that turn our universe upside down.

OTHER NOTES AND CONTENT WARNINGS: Contains some violence. They are fighting demons after all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment