Friday, June 10, 2011

The Neon Graveyard (Sign of the Zodiac, Book 6)

TITLE: The Neon Graveyard (Sign of the Zodiac, Book 6)

AUTHOR: Vicki Pettersson

REVIEWED BY: Princess LadyBug

BRIEF SUMMARY: Joanna Archer is now just another mortal even though she'd been born from an impossible union of Shadow and Light. Being stripped of her powers should have taken her out of the game for good, but both sides were still hunting her. She'd once been a soldier for the Light & the Kairos, the prophesied savior of whichever side she would finally choose. But now she was carrying the unborn child of another former soldier of Light who was being held captive by demon goddess. A goddess with a serious grudge against Joanna.

Ready to risk everything to free her lover from the desolate realm where the price of admission is the last piece of her soul, Joanna joins a rogue group of agents. To free the father of her child and survive long enough to live happily ever after, she'll have to take on not only the demon goddess with homicidal tendencies, but also her former troop leader and her evil father. All of whom are hell bent on her destruction.

WHY I PICKED IT UP: Several reasons. I'm a completist. I read the first five books so there was no way I'd miss this one. Also, the characters feel like old friends and I wanted to find out if they live happily ever after.

WHY I FINISHED IT: Just like the first five books, I was sucked into the story almost before I'd finished the first page.

WHO I’D GIVE IT TO: Anyone who would enjoy a book that puts a unique twist on the usual superhero story. Keep in mind that it is book 6 of a series, so while it is a good, action-packed book you might find yourself a bit lost. Do yourself a favor and start with book 1 - The Scent of Shadows. And if anyone would like me to review other books in the series, leave a comment & let me know.

OTHER NOTES AND CONTENT WARNINGS: There is some violence, language, and sexual situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment